Elder Abuse: Financial | Vernon Litigation Group
In this installment of our weekly video series, Founding Partner, Chris Vernon speaks about Elder Financial Abuse. We dislike to report of such things happening, however the reality of it is…it is happening frequently and a lot of the time by your loved ones and or someone your trust.
We have spoken about this numerous times and can be read here
- Using guardianship authority to transfer property for the guardian’s benefit.
- Receiving personal payments from a protected individual without court permission.
- Authorizing frequent cash withdrawals from the protected individual’s accounts without explanation.
- Using or borrowing property for personal benefit without court authorization.
- Making unexplained decisions that are not in the protected individual’s best interest.
Vernon Litigation Group is a law firm that represents clients in courtroom litigation, arbitration, including FINRA arbitration and mediation throughout the United States. Our lawyers have significant experience pursuing claims against brokerage firms/ financial advisors/ registered investment advisors. Please contact us to discuss your rights if you believe a Registered Investment Advisor has failed to act in your best interests or otherwise abused your trust. You can reach us at (239) 649-5390 or email Brooke Sandoval-Banker at [email protected]
¹Wasik, John. “5 Ways To Spot And Stop Elder Financial Abuse.” Forbes, Forbes Magazine, 2 Apr. 2018, www.forbes.com/sites/johnwasik/2018/03/30/5-ways-to-spot-and-stop-elder-financial-abuse/#3e69d766eff4.